You are very welcome to browse our website, and rest assured, we’re not out to misuse any information you give us. Here below are some of the technical and legal things we need to state regarding your use of the site and our use of your data.
Website terms and conditions of use
In the terms below, “we” or “us” means, of course, Worth Abbey and/or Worth Abbey Projects.
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2. Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on this website for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial) except to promote us or our events;
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on this website;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by us at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
The materials on this website are provided “as is”. We make no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaim and negate all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, we do not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall we or our suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on this website, even if we or our representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. (If your jurisdiction does not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.)
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on this website could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. We do not warrant that any of the materials on this website are accurate, complete, or current. We may make changes to the materials contained on this website at any time without notice. We do not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
We have not reviewed in detail all of the sites linked to this website and we are not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by us of the site. Use of any such linked website is at the user’s own risk.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to this website shall be governed by UK law.
Worth Abbey Website Privacy Notice
Worth Abbey is committed to ensuring your privacy is protected.
Worth Abbey is registered with the Information Commissioners Office under registration number Z831059X.
The Data Protection Lead is the Abbey Bursar, Worth Abbey, Paddockhurst Road, Turners Hill, West Sussex, RH10 4SB.
2. Personal Information
We will not collect any personal information about you unless you send us an enquiry form via the Website, an email or telephone us. When you fill in the enquiry form on the website, the site securely processes and stores what you enter, and emails it to us and we will use it to correspond with you.
If you ask us to enter your details on our mailing list, we will obtain your consent to holding your personal data and explain why we need that information, how we will use it, how we will keep it secure and when we will dispose of it.
3. Information We May Collect About You
By your general use of Worth Abbey’s website at worthabbey.net and pages within the website, we may:
- Collect information about your computer, including your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration.
- Collect analytical information about visitor behavioural patterns, which does not include personal data.
- Collect information based on visitor’s behaviour and navigation on the Website.
We use this information to:
- Ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
- Assist in the prevention of unlawful activities, e.g. money laundering or activities that threaten Worth Abbey, the Website, or are adverse to your or our interests;
- Administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- Carry out internal research on user’s interests, demographics and behaviour so we can provide better information.
4. Analytics and cookies
We do not intentionally set any cookies on your computer if you are not a logged-in user with a website user account. If you are, cookies set by WordPress or by the site will only be used to provide you with the experience you want on the site, and not used by or offered to any third party. Some server logs and analytics are stored, but only used to maintain the security of the site and understand user traffic, never to identify individuals for any other purpose.
By ticking the “I’m not a robot” spam check box, you also allow Google to process data from your browser, including other stored Google cookies, which may include personal information, to check you are a human. This is to protect the site against malicious activity.
6. Your Rights
Under the General Data Protection Regulations, you have the following rights;
- Right to be informed – We will be transparent about how we collect and process personal information and the purposes that we intent to use it for.
- Right of access – You have a right to access the data we hold on you.
- Right of rectification – You can ask use to correct information that you believe is incorrect.
- Right to erasure – In certain cases, you can ask to be forgotten.
- Right to restriction of processing – In certain cases, you can ask us to request that we stop processing your data.
- Right to data portability – We will make your information available to export for your personal use.
- Right to object – You can object to us using your data in certain circumstances, and an absolute right to stop data being used for direct marketing.
- Rights regarding automated decision making.
You can exercise these rights at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
This privacy notice does not cover the links within this site linking to other websites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on the other websites you visit.
7. Subject Access Requests
If you would like to make a request for information held about you, ideally send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by letter to the Abbey Bursar, Worth Abbey, Paddockhurst Road, Turners Hill, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 4SB. We will endeavour to respond to any such written requests as soon as is reasonably practicable and in any event within one month.
8. Other Terms
The Abbey reserves the right to amend this Privacy Notice from time to time as it deems necessary. In such event, the Abbey will post such changes on the Website.
The Abbey welcomes your views about the Website and its Privacy Notice. If you would like to contact the Abbey with any queries or comments, please send an email to email@example.com.
If you wish to raise a complaint about how we are using your information, exercise any of the rights set out above, or if you have any questions or comments about privacy issues, you can contact us by:
writing to the Abbey Bursar, Worth Abbey, Paddockhurst Road, Turners Hill, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 4SB
sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office, which regulates and supervises the use of personal data in the UK.